Unity Consensus Draft Paper Published
Today we’re excited to release the ARRT (Aion Research and Roadmap Team) draft Unity white paper. The paper explains in technical detail the approach to implement Unity, a combination Proof of Work (PoW) and Proof of Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm.
The goals we’re looking to achieve with Unity are:
- Increase the security of the network by introducing economic security via Proof-of-Stake
- Adaptable to network size and topology
- Lower barrier of entry to participate in network security via staking
- Represent a progression in Aion, simple to implement
- Retain probability distribution introduced in PoW (see below)
The initial research has led the team to be confident that Unity will improve the security of the Aion network while simultaneously improving the through-put capability. The ARRT team is still working on fork selections and slashing mechanisms but we’re very excited to have Unity on our road map.